I once travelled happily alone. Then the most beautiful thing happened and suddenly I was half of two; two became one. But before I could start to document our life together, his life was tragically gone. My darling Ems is now in the bright lights of Heaven and I remain. This is the story of my journey from here. Gratefully a journey that One whose ways are above all of ours takes with me. One day I'll reach those bright lights for myself but until I do, join me on my journey, keeping memories close.



Wednesday 17 February 2010

Suddenly
















Sometimes it just really really hurts.

I can be sitting, coping for a moment, sometimes even for a little while, and then suddenly...Boom, here it comes again. Grief. Loss. Sadness. Pain. I'm relatively 'ok' for a moment and then it hits me all over again. He's gone.

I can look back. I can look back and see perfection. I can look back and see blessing. I can look back and see how completely amazing the times and relationship I shared with Ems were. I can look back and smile now. Yes many things still trigger and set me off but I can't find any fault in what we had and never will, Ems still brings me love through the memories. I have immense gratitude for that.

The future is empty right now. The dreams and plans died with Ems, so did the excitement. Heaven (which is exciting!) awaits one day. But until then...? Only God knows.

The present is what I have to cope with. That's all I'm asked to cope with. I feel weak. It's crazy to not have my lovely Ems here to work through every decision with, to plan our future. Every part of me just wants to say 'ok, that's enough, come back now'. But he can't. Neither would he want to. My faith carries me through the present, it takes me beyond what I can think or imagine or see. Peace.

When a precious life is stolen from you. Grief comes in and steals your own.

Not all sudden moments are bad though. Earlier this evening I suddenly had an image of Ems in my mind. It wasn't an image from a photo I have of him but a very real image of how he looked; how he was when he was right infront of me. He was wrapped up warm in his red coat, just like when we'd go out for a walk, curls messy from being underneath his hat. It a very real memory of him rather than a memory of a photo of him. I hadn't been trying to get an image of him in my mind, it just suddenly came. I was talking about him and suddenly there he was in my mindseye. It was very real and it was a nice moment.

One of the scariest things about the future is the fear of forgetting him.
I can't imagine this throbbing heart of mine will let me though. He'll be in it forever.

[Memory #11 the "walking and talking" episodes
It's little surprise really that the image of Ems, wrapped up for a walk, came to my mind earlier. Ems & I loved nothing more than some quality time walking and talking together. Whether summer or winter, so long as it was dry we'd get out & about whether it was for half an hour after work or for a whole Saturday's trek.
Just us and the great outdoors. It made for such quality time together. I can remember so many heart to hearts while exploring the Welsh countryside. I can also remember times when we were just exceptionally silly together. Either way, they were times when we enjoyed time together, more and more and more; and got to know one another, better and better and better.
Every time the sun comes out I know we'd have been heading out for a stroll if he was here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment